Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 2

Today I am going to my two gym classes (Weight Training 9:40-11:10, Fitness and Conditioning 11:20-12:50), my BIO 224 How The Human Body Works class from 1-2:30, and then I'm going to do the CrossFit Total at some point between 4-7. We'll see how well I do at CrossFit after the two gym classes with limited carb intake. I'm going to try and not eat any fruit. I'll let you know how this makes me feel.



At the gym I was feeling pretty tired. I don't know if it was a caffeine crash or, more likely, that I had no carbohydrates at breakfast. At the gym I did this:

Band work to strengthen my rotator cuffs and fix my shoulder.

Shuttle run on the basketball court.

Three rounds of:
Sprints and runs around the outside of the court and
30 air squats, 20 lunges, 10 pushups, 10 spidermans, 10 ice-skaters, and 6 squat jumps.

Did a little stretching and then had a recovery shake.


I still felt a lack of energy during class. I found it hard to stay focused and think critically. I was really looking forward to eating lunch.


Lunch sent a wave of energy through my body. I actually had a head rush that I've never felt before; almost like I got buzzed off of food. I wouldn't say I was feeling perfect to take on the CrossFit Total, but I was feeling a hell of a lot better than I did in the morning.

I did the CrossFit Total during the 5:00PM class:
I tied my PR on Back Squat of 275
I lost 10 pounds on my press; I did 165. I didn't want to push my shoulder too hard.
I FINALLY got my 400 pound deadlift. I was very happy to get this because I've been trying to get it for about 6 months now.
TOTAL = 840 PR by 15 pounds


1 comment:

  1. your blog is wicked and I love being able to see what you are eating! good stuff!

    ReplyDelete